Streaminn Hub Radio is a fully licensed radio station with the appropriate organizations that enable us to legally play music.

When Streaminn Hub Radio plays, the artists get paid. Our radio station is covered by the five main music licensing agencies we work with to be compliant with U.S. Streaming.


Composition Royalties

Composition royalties cover melodies and lyrics. Think of it like sheet music — the song as it appears on paper. Every time a song is played on Streaminn Hub Radio , these organizations pay the songwriters and publishers. Three licensing bodies cover composition licensing:

ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers), BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.) and SESAC are three different U.S.  public performance organizations that collect royalties/licensing fees any time a musical composition is performed publicly by a business establishment — in our case, internet radio stations. These organizations then take those license fees and pay the appropriate songwriters and publishers.


Sound Recording Royalties

Sound recording licensing covers digital recordings the music you can actually hear. A sound recording licensing organization will collect royalties each time a song rotates on your station.  The organization then pays whoever owns the sound recording — usually a record label — who will in turn pay the recording artists and production crews.

SoundExchange collects and distributes digital performance royalties any time a recording is digitally transmitted in a public place, like on an internet radio station.

SOCAN is the largest and one of the most well known PRO’s for songwriters and composers in Canada. They collect and distribute performance royalties worldwide as well as issue licenses to Canadian businesses for the use of their catalog.